ScooNews, India’s premier education media house is on Jetpack Mode! We are hiring for multiple roles at ScooNews for our Jaipur office.
At ScooNews, we believe that an equitable—and excellent—education for all students is possible, only when we empower the teachers.
Looking for Self-starters who know the value of hustle and hard work and are ready to bring their Enthusiasm, Intellect & Sense of Humour along.
Your primary job will be developing a business development strategy focused on financial gain.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
Business development and sales related openings require prior experience in education sales.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must have a passion for connecting with school fraternity
- Develop effective follow-up strategies.
- Be a liaison between the internal team and external school and clients’ network
- Be a quick thinker & closer
- Understand our addressable market and content requirement
- Identify new key markets for products & solution
- 1-3 years of Experience in education product/Concept marketing experience in a B2B environment.
- Understanding of CSR in the education sector.
- Experience leading product promotion and acquisition
- Strong written/Verbal communication and Presentation Skills.
- Graduate in any discipline
We are seeking an experienced reporter to cover K-12 education for ScooNews, a monthly magazine and digital platform.
We are looking for a reporter with a strong interest in education, education technology, and education for social impact with an ability to produce high-quality stories, projects, and investigations for both web and print independently.
We aim to be the country’s dominant source for education news.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submit 2 impactful yet detailed stories from the world of education (traveling required)
- Generate annual content pipeline and project ideas.
- Work collaboratively with the team to find, report, and produce stories with depth and characters that humanize and illuminate the working of schools and forces that shape classrooms.
- Grapple with ideas critically — both your own and those of others to align with the stories that the communities we serve count on.
- Produce work in various formats, including broadcast and digital: spots, features, live field reports, podcasts, and web stories (breaking, explanatory, and enterprise).
- Develop big-picture approaches to covering issues and ideas, while also executing the many small tasks involved in reporting.
- Work across multiple platforms (digital, print, etc.).
- Write accurately and quickly and in your own voice, and find good stories and unique angles.
- Hit deadlines and work under tight deadlines.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Reporting experience covering a complex beat; knowledge of education is welcomed, but not required.
- Digital writing experience is required; ScooNews’s work is multiplatform. If no experience, we’re looking for a willingness and ability to learn detailed feature reporting and a keen ear for finding stories and characters.
- Outstanding news judgment; experience in managing time and priorities.
- Possess the highest journalistic and ethical standards, with an absolute dedication to accuracy, fairness, and attention to detail.
- Interested applicants must submit a cover letter that includes links to a portfolio of work and a minimum of 2 references (name, title, and contact information). We will not contact any authority until we receive explicit approval from you.
- Complete mandate, freedom, and accountability
- Opportunity to travel across the country
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, service and other departments as well as partners/customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of ScooNews events.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Logistics and Operations
• Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
• Manage to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the hotels/venues/partners prior to processing the final bill.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups.
• Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
• Acts as liaison between field salesperson and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Solicits feedback to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average to large-sized assigned groups.
• Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups.
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
All openings are on a full-time basis and for our Jaipur office unless mentioned.
To learn about the freelance and contractual employment opportunities, please write to us at [email protected].
ScooNews is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and multicultural working environment.