Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website’s Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the ScooNews website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ScooNews’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by ScooNews at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on the ScooNews website are provided “as is”. ScooNews makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, ScooNews does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall ScooNews or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ScooNews Internet site, even if ScooNews or a ScooNews authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the ScooNews website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ScooNews does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. ScooNews may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. ScooNews does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
ScooNews has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ScooNews of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the ScooNews website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. How we use the information we collect
ScooNews uses information about you to:
- Deliver the Publications and other products you order or that are sent to you
- Verify access to secure content and your account information
- Determine whether you meet the minimum system requirements for use of the Service
- Provide you tailored content and instructions, renewal options, and promotions
- Service your customer support requests
- Ask you to participate in surveys about our products and services
- Offer you Service upgrades
- Better understand, on an anonymous and aggregated basis, how the Service is being used, including Web traffic and reading patterns, so that we may continually improve our Service
Terms & Conditions (Awards)
The decisions of the judges, on all matters relating to the judging, including, but not limited to, qualifications and categories, are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. This competition is based solely on skill and will be judged accordingly. No prizes will be awarded on the basis of lot or chance. The Award nomination is not open to ScooNews employees, vendors, and their immediate families.
Participants can nominate in more than 1 category, however, please note that the nomination processing charges must be paid in full for each category and a separate form has to be filled out for each category entered. Any entry that infringes any law, regulation, or voluntary or regulatory codes of practice is not eligible. It is the responsibility of the entrant to withdraw such work.
Property of Entries: All materials that accompany or form part of an entry will become the sole property of ScooNews. Accordingly, ScooNews will not be obliged to return any items submitted and will further not be responsible for their loss, damage, or destruction. The entrant agrees hereto.
License: By submitting an entry the entrant hereby grants ScooNews and its agents an irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license, throughout the world, to publish and use the entry and all material submitted therewith, in any publication, advertisement, marketing, or promotional material (including television or radio station news or other programs related to Core Group), by any means ScooNews chooses, including without limitation, print, electronic media, and broadcast. The entrant also grants permission to ScooNews to show, copy or play the Entry at such times as ScooNews deems appropriate. ScooNews reserves the right to make available for educational and reference purposes, including electronic publishing, any Entries, and all material submitted therewith. The entrant agrees hereto. If the entrant does not agree hereto, the entrant must notify ScooNews immediately and withdraw its entry.
Warranties: By submitting an entry the entrant warrants that it is entitled to grant the license referred to above and that it has obtained all necessary permissions, usage rights, and waivers of moral rights from all third parties who contributed to or commissioned the entry. The entrant also warrants that the credits and information in the entry are true and correct and that publication and use of those credits and information will not infringe any moral or other rights of the entrant or any third party. Further, the entrant warrants that the entry is the entrant’s original work, does not infringe on any copyright or other intellectual property right of any person, and may be used by ScooNews as contemplated above.
Indemnity and Non-liability: The entrant hereby agrees to indemnify ScooNews and hold it harmless from any costs, expenses, or damages, including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of the breach or alleged breach of the above representations and warranties.
Right to Withdraw and Change Entries: ScooNews reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any entry, for good reason, or move any entry to an alternative category.
Law and domicile: This competition is governed by the laws of India. ScooNews chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, J-3 Jhalana Institutional Area, Jaipur (Rajasthan) 302004.
Audit: ScooNews’s auditor, who is independent, will oversee and certify the conduct of the competition.
Judging: This competition will be judged by an independent, external panel of judges. The organiser maintains the right to choose the judges. Only shortlisted entries will be judged by the independent panel of judges.
Variation: ScooNews may, at its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
Awards notification and collection
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony to be held at a venue and on a date and at a time which will be notified to all entrants via email communication. Awards as specified by ScooNews may not be exchanged for cash and are not transferable. Any winner who fails to attend the awards ceremony and collect their prize will be contacted by ScooNews to arrange delivery of the Award & citation via a courier. Successful entrants must be able to produce positive identification. An announcement will be sent to all finalists and winners in advance to help them plan their travel to the awards venue. Travel to awards ceremony is the responsibility of the attendee.
In case of circumstances beyond the control of the organisers, you will be informed of the possible cancellation of the Event, its postponement, or substantial modification by Email. In such an eventuality, you are not entitled to a refund. We will provide you with a credit note for the purchase value which may be used to avail ScooNews services or products.
However, the organisers are not responsible for any additional costs, charges, or expenses incurred in case of cancellation, postponement, or modifications to the event.
The Rules and Regulations of the venue, event organiser, or promoter for which the ticket was purchased must be adhered to.
Ticket holders consent to filming, sound recording, and photography as members of the audience.
The customer accepts full responsibility for all contact information on their customer account and must ensure it is updated when necessary.
Terms & Conditions (Event ticketing)
The Delegate Pass Includes:
- Entry to attend conclave sessions on all days as mentioned in the event agenda.
- Networking/Dinner as mentioned in the event agenda.
- Networking Lunch as mentioned in the event agenda.
- Workshops on Continuous Professional Development as mentioned in the event agenda.
- A certificate of participation (Soft copy) will be provided post-event, within 15 days.
- Government Service Tax as applicable on the above rates
- Accommodation (in case of non-residential packages), Airfare, Train Fare, Insurance Premium, etc.
- Entry Fee to Any Monument, Park, Museum, Monastery, or any other visiting place unless explicitly mentioned in the agenda.
- Payment for services provided on a personal basis
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslides, strikes, political unrest, etc. In such cases, extra will be charged as per actual.
- Cost for services which is not mentioned in “Inclusions”
- Personal expenses on items such as Laundry, Soft & Hard Drinks, Bottle Water, Incidentals, Portage, Bell-Boy charges, Tips, etc.
All attendees must arrive timely to ensure that they are able to join the pre-event networking dinner and any other sessions planned for the day.
In the case of partially vaccinated delegates at the time of ticket purchase, it is their responsibility to be fully vaccinated by the time they arrive for the event.
In case of any non-compliance, participation in the event will be denied and all payments made towards the delegate pass(es) will be forfeited.
Delegates should carry an original photo ID (issued by government authority) and a printout or PDF for the vaccination certificate.